Lucy Zodion, market leader in the development of street lighting infrastructure and smart city solutions, has upgraded its Ki. website. The site supports its interoperable smart city platform (Ki.) that generates actionable insights and enhances asset management.
A ‘smart city’ (which can be any urban space) uses communications to enhance services, reduce resource use and engage more with its citizens. Those running smart cities need up to date information they can use quickly. Ki.’s actionable insights do just that, providing users with alerts and notifications that help them act on the data they receive and to develop real-world solutions e.g. helping plan maintenance or improve street lighting/infrastructure, that improves how communities live, work and play.
What’s new on the Ki. website?
The refreshed site gives smart city specialists can gain insights into the core capabilities of the Ki. IoT platform. Loaded with resources, demos and further information about the Ki. open ecosystem, the website reveals the true benefits of the solution that gives civic leaders the freedom to take control of how their smart city is built.
The site (Ki.community) gives a great user experience with features that mirror the Internet of Things (IoT) platform itself. These include:
· A ‘KnowHow’ page: From technical datasheets to whitepapers, the page will host a wide range of information about both Ki. and the smart city industry as a whole; giving users in-depth insights.
· The ‘Platforms’ page gives information about the interfaces available within the Ki. ecosystem, with interactive demos that highlight key features of each.
· On the ‘Features’ page, Ki.’s features – from bespoke lighting profiles to effective data are shown using engaging real-world examples
What is Ki.?
Ki. (Pronounced ‘key’) unlocks opportunities for urban spaces, helping them to become more pro-active in their journey towards smarter and more responsive city development. From the fundamental function of street lighting control, to the management of additional sensor networks, Ki. holds the answer to help energise future communities.
Communicating via an open, wireless ecosystem of enabling hardware and IoT software, enhanced by LoRaWAN™, Ki. helps to improve municipal efficiencies and enhance people’s everyday lives by offering instant insights into the performance of urban assets.
As the impetus of energy efficiency and data management grows, the connected lamppost has emerged as integral to producing smarter, more responsive cities. This, alongside the integration of IoT, means streetlights are pivotal features throughout urban areas, both now and in the future, which can provide citizens and councils alike with enhanced and more intuitive services. Lucy Zodion’s Ki. solution facilitates this.
Enhance lighting infrastructure with Ki.
Ki. enhances street lighting infrastructure to provide key insights into how a city is (or should be) behaving, with a series of connected hardware devices that work within an open ecosystem throughout the city. Scalable to meet unique urban requirements, Ki. is interoperable; connecting streetlights and communicating the unique data they generate via a LoRaWAN™ enabled wireless network. The Ki. Platform then translates this data to provide insights at a glance.
Stored via a cloud-based system and accessible via an interactive dashboard, users can assess a number of smart city variables on the Ki. Platform, enabling them to monitor and evaluate performance based on the unique challenges of their city.
The benefits Ki. provides are:
· Generation of actionable Insights – Giving users the capacity to gain deep and valuable understanding of their smart city applications, Ki. assesses cause & effect by monitoring and evaluating asset performance and the impact this might have on communities (cities and their citizens).
· Performance evaluation and analysis – Using performance analysis tools that can be integrated with existing systems, Ki. gives users the ability to interrogate various data sets via a central repository thanks to the cloud and intuitive interface.
· Asset control and monitoring – Ki. gives users the capability to control and monitor asset performance across multiple connected points. Services include:
– Energy consumption
– Preventative maintenance
– Fault diagnosis
Lucy Zodion is confident that its revitalised website will help civic leaders make more informed decisions, when considering a technology partner to build their smart city. And, with a high quality Platform that has abundant features and unique benefits, they can make cities brighter; not only by way of illumination, but via the valuable urban insights Ki. is able to unlock.
Visit Ki. website